Friday, August 21, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Brazil won’t appeal Neymar’s ban

Freedom Online by Freedom Online
June 22, 2015
in Sports
0

Neymar has been ruled out of the Copa America tournament in Chile after Brazil opted not to appeal against the Barcelona forward’s four-game ban.
The 23-year-old was shown a red card after the final whistle of Brazil’s 1-0 defeat to Colombia last week.
Brazil coach Dunga had said that the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) would likely contest the card.
But Neymar was due to leave the Brazil camp on Monday after the confederation released a statement not to appeal.
“The technical commission and the player hopes that Conmebol (the South American Football Confederation) adopt the same rigour they used in punishing Neymar in all their competitions,” said the statement.
Neymar, who won La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey with Barcelona in 2014-15, was banned for four matches after getting a yellow card, a straight red and then showering the referee with abuse during and after last Wednesday’s game with Colombia.
Brazil lost the match 1-0, their first defeat in 12 games.
Neymar was in the ground on Sunday to see Brazil beat Venezuela 2-1, a result that took them to the top of Group C and into a quarter-final tie with Paraguay on Saturday.
The final of Copa America is on July 4.

Previous Post

Nigeria Kung-Fu Federation President impeached

Next Post

UAE deal: Gyan waits for Mikel

Next Post

UAE deal: Gyan waits for Mikel

Maradona to run for FIFA presidency

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Adeleke and Tinubu

Adeleke visits Tinubu, presents his Certificate of Return (see pix)

August 20, 2026

Traxport taps Climate Focus to strengthen Lagos–Kano rail carbon programme

August 20, 2026
Oluyede and Oyebanji

Oluyede visits Oyebanji, promises to work for Tinubu’s reelection

August 20, 2026
Atiku

Atiku unveils proposed petroleum subsidy reform

August 20, 2026

Nigeria Still Grappling With Military Rule Legacy, Says Political Scientist

August 20, 2026

Lagos Targets 24-Hour Power as Sanwo-Olu Meets Electricity Stakeholders

August 20, 2026

ADC Lagos West Candidate Begins Campaign With Grassroots Consultations, Youth Engagement

August 20, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.