Sunday, August 23, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Burkina Faso army launches operation near presidential guard camp

Freedom Reporter by Freedom Reporter
September 29, 2015
in Foreign, News
0

Burkina Faso’s army took up positions on Tuesday outside the presidential guard’s camp in the capital Ouagadougou.
This comes a day after the military’s Chief of Staff said the elite unit was refusing to disarm after a short-lived coup.
In a statement, the Chief of Staff called on the population of the capital to avoid the Ouaga 2000 district, where the camp is located, close to the presidency.
He also called on residents of the neighbourhood to remain indoors.
In a separate statement to the media, the army requested that journalists stay clear of deployed troops and not reveal their position “in order not to compromise the operation under way”.
The Presidential Security Regiment (RSP) took the president, prime minister and cabinet members’ hostage earlier this month and named Gen. Gilbert Diendere, a close ally of ousted president Blaise Compaore, as Head of State.
The week-long coup ended with the restoration on Wednesday of the government, which disbanded the special unit during its first cabinet meeting, following the putsch.
Regular troops began disarming the RSP over the weekend.
The chief of staff had on Monday said that RSP officers were refusing to participate in the process and accused Diendere of hindering the disarmament.

Tags: burkina faso
Previous Post

Court orders Immigration to restore salaries of aggrieved officer

Next Post

Anyaoku, Ambode, Kalu, Ibori, UI, others mourn Onosode

Next Post

Anyaoku, Ambode, Kalu, Ibori, UI, others mourn Onosode

Saudi stampede: 64 Nigerians confirmed dead as toll rises to 1,100

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

The Presidential Noah’s Ark, by Babafemi Ojudu

August 23, 2026
Uzodimma and Tinubu

Uzodimma hands over 30 campaign buses to Imo APC Chairmen, others; tasks Party on 100% Tinubu victory

August 23, 2026
Adeleke and Tinubu

Osun Polls: The days after and implications for 2027, by Tunde Rahman

August 22, 2026
Screenshot

Gospel Singer Asu Ekiye: My wife initiated divorce proceedings leading to dissolution of our 28-year marriage

August 22, 2026

Four members of same family, dog die after eating Amala

August 22, 2026
Nwifuru

2027: I have no opponent in Ebonyi — Nwifuru

August 22, 2026
Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu

Tinubu’s re-election campaign: Sanwo-Olu appointed South-West Coordinator

August 22, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.