Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Suspected state-sponsored thugs attack NLC procession in Kaduna

Ibrahim Ahmadu by Ibrahim Ahmadu
May 18, 2021
in Breaking News, News
0

Policemen and other security agents, on Tuesday, dispersed heavily armed thugs who attacked labour union leaders and members in Kaduna.
The thugs, suspected to have been sponsored by the state government and armed with knives, sticks and stones, attacked the peaceful protesters at NEPA Roundabout, Kaduna, but were quickly dispersed by security personnel deployed to protect the protesters.
Some of the thugs were arrested.
One of the protesters, Mr Daniel John, described the development as “very unfortunate”, adding that although no one was injured, they were forced to suspend the peaceful procession for the day.
“We were at NEPA Roundabout and about to be addressed by our chairman, when the heavily armed thugs in their numbers arrived and began to wield knives and sticks while others threw stones at us.
“We were lucky security personnel were with us, who engaged the thugs and managed to disperse them and arrest some of them,” he said.
Another protester, Fatima Abdulhamid, thanked the police and other security personnel for displaying high level of professionalism by quickly responding to the threat and overrunning the thugs.
Earlier, the NLC Chairman in the state, Mr Ayuba Suleiman, said that the labour unions were committed to the principle of dialogue and social bargaining for the benefit of disengaged workers in the state.
The labour unions had on Monday began a five-day warning strike over the sack of civil servants by the Kaduna State Government.
Suleiman had earlier on Sunday, assured workers and the general public of their commitment to maintain peace during the strike action.

He also alerted the general public to watch out for thugs who were allegedly recruited to disrupt the peace in order to blame the labour unions.

Tags: Suspected state-sponsored thugs attack NLC procession in Kaduna
Previous Post

IGP flags-off ‘Operation Restore Peace’ in Enugu

Next Post

NIN: Senate mandates Education Ministry, JAMB, NIMC to review policy

Next Post
Senate

NIN: Senate mandates Education Ministry, JAMB, NIMC to review policy

Malami: We have received €4.2m Ibori loot

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Meta, FG Launch AI Academy to Train Nigerian Developers and Entrepreneurs

August 17, 2026

Sokoto-Kebbi Border: Army Strengthens Security to Stop Terrorist Infiltration

August 17, 2026

Nigeria Unveils 5-Year Strategy to Dismantle Organised Crime Networks

August 17, 2026

Lagos Power Supply: FG Adds 208MW Capacity at Apapa, Ijora Substations

August 17, 2026

Anambra Attack: Idimogu Urges Tinubu, Lagos Government to Protect Joe Igbokwe

August 17, 2026

Osun Election: Accord Chairman Hails Adeleke’s Victory as Triumph Over Intimidation

August 17, 2026

Nigeria’s Inflation Drops to 15.43% in July as Food Inflation Remains High

August 17, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.