Monday, August 17, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Remains of New Zealand miners found 11 years after explosion

Freedom Reporter by Freedom Reporter
November 17, 2021
in Foreign, News
0
59-year-old woman slumps, dies while urinating in Ekiti

Dead

New Zealand police, on Wednesday, announced they have discovered the remains of at least two men who died in the Pike River mine explosions more than a decade ago.

A series of explosions from November 19, 2010, at an underground mine near Greymouth, in the West Coast region of the country’s South Island, killed 29 men.

Their bodies have never been recovered.

Detective superintendent Peter Read told a media conference on Wednesday that images from boreholes had captured two sets of human remains, and possibly a third.

The remains were found “in the very extremity of the mine” and police would not be able to recover them.

“It has been nearly 11 years since the Pike River Mine disaster where 29 men tragically lost their lives.

“These images will add to the picture of the investigation as we work to provide answers for the families.

“This is a stark reminder of the pain and the loss,’’ Read said.

Police have been unable to identify the remains, but it was believed six to eight men had been working in the area at the time of the explosion.

Police have been investigating bore holes at the site as part of a criminal investigation to see what evidence can be retrieved from the site.

Tags: Remains of New Zealand miners found 11 years after explosion
Previous Post

C&S Elder, Awuzie, dies at 82

Next Post

Five feared dead as petrol tanker burns on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Next Post

Five feared dead as petrol tanker burns on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Yahaya Bello

2023 Presidency: Yahaya Bello 'only rallying point in launching Nigeria back to greatness', says Niger Delta group

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Peter Obi

Peter Obi on Adeleke’s victory: When the people stand, democracy wins

August 16, 2026
Adeleke

Governors: Adeleke’s achievements, personal qualities contributed to his victory

August 16, 2026
Adeleke

APC: We’re studying Osun election results

August 16, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke urges peace, unity after victory

August 16, 2026
Atiku

Atiku congratulates Adeleke, says Osun Poll ‘a forerunner of 2027 general elections’

August 16, 2026

Davido celebrates Adeleke’s re-election

August 16, 2026
Obaseki

Obaseki: Adeleke’s victory demonstrates ‘futility of anti-democratic forces’

August 16, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.