Thursday, August 20, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

NOC: Rio Olympic Games won’t be a jamboree

Freedom Reporter by Freedom Reporter
November 5, 2015
in News, Sports
0

The Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) on Wednesday said that the forthcoming 2016 Rio Olympics would not be jamboree.

NOC’s Secretary-General, Tunde Popoola, said in Lagos that the Nigerian contingent would only comprise of participating athletes.

“We are going to be strict in the processing of visas and other logistics.

“We are going only with the athletes that are registered for the tournament. There is no room for extra persons in the contingent.

“At the All African Games in Congo Brazzaville, we went with the precise number of athletes and it will be the same for the Olympics,’’ he said.

Popoola added that sports disciplines that had already qualified had been registered officially.

“We are awaiting other sports to get done with their qualifiers so that proper registration will be done for them.

“It is after this that we can know the precise number of sports we are participating in and the number of athletes to take to the Olympics,’’ he said.

The secretary-general said that the nation’s hockey players are good but can’t be solely banked on at the Olympics.

“We can be rest assured that they will do well at any tournament on the African continent where participating countries are mainly Africans.

“We don’t have what it takes yet to conquer at the Olympics so it’s a dicey one,’’ he said.

Tags: nocolympics
Previous Post

Senate: APC chairs 41 standing committees, PDP 24

Next Post

‘Over 1m unsafe abortions occur in Nigeria annually’

Next Post

'Over 1m unsafe abortions occur in Nigeria annually'

Senate disapproves N5,000 monthly allowance for unemployed youths

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Adeleke and Tinubu

Adeleke visits Tinubu, presents his Certificate of Return (see pix)

August 20, 2026

Traxport taps Climate Focus to strengthen Lagos–Kano rail carbon programme

August 20, 2026
Oluyede and Oyebanji

Oluyede visits Oyebanji, promises to work for Tinubu’s reelection

August 20, 2026
Atiku

Atiku unveils proposed petroleum subsidy reform

August 20, 2026

Nigeria Still Grappling With Military Rule Legacy, Says Political Scientist

August 20, 2026

Lagos Targets 24-Hour Power as Sanwo-Olu Meets Electricity Stakeholders

August 20, 2026

ADC Lagos West Candidate Begins Campaign With Grassroots Consultations, Youth Engagement

August 20, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.