Sunday, May 24, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Killing of students: Our story, by NSCDC

Freedom Reporter by Freedom Reporter
November 30, 2023
in Breaking News, News
0

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), on Thursday, dismissed media reports that its operatives killed two students at a secondary school in Gwarinpa, Abuja.

Spokesperson of the FCT command of the NSCDC, Ms Comfort Okomanyi, stated that the students in question were alive and recuperating at a medical facility within the FCT.

Okomanyi added that the FCT Commandant of the NSCDC, Mr Olusola Odumosu, visited the wounded students on Thursday after a routine inspection of their school’s premises.

The media reports had stated that two students of Junior Secondary School, Gwarinpa, were accidentally hit by gunshots of personnel of the NSCDC during a scuffle between suspected cult groups.

Okomanyi stated that the Commandant-General of the NSCDC, Mr Ahmed Audi, had set up a panel of inquiry to investigate the matter.

She added that Audi assured that the NSCDC was determined to enforce internal disciplinary mechanism to punish any personnel found guilty in the unfortunate incident.

Okomanyi quoted Odumosu as saying that in the fracas, NSCDC personnel fired warning shots into the air to prevent carnage by notorious ex-students who were suspected cult members, but had been expelled from the school.

“The corps apologise to parents and guardians of the two students who were injured unintentionally during the intervention and promise to pick bills incurred in the course of their treatment,’’ he said.

Odumosu explained in the statement that the NSCDC was invited by the school’s management for security coverage through a letter dated November 21 and signed by the principal, Mr Akinfolajimi Olayinka.

“On Wednesday, the school was invaded by some notorious elements, some of whom were expelled students and their student collaborators to disturb the peace of the school.

“They caused mayhem and destroyed cars belonging to teachers at the school’s parking lot.

“Armed with cudgels and other dangerous weapons, some of the hoodlums launched attack on the deployed unarmed NSCDC personnel, staff and students of the school which necessitated the call for reinforcement.

“On account of this development and to prevent the situation from getting out of hands, the police were intimated which resulted to the deployment of policemen to the school,’’ Odumosu explained in the statement.

Odumosu said reinforcement by NSCDC operatives and the police already restored normalcy, peace and order within and outside the school premises.

Previous Post

Morocco 2024: Super Falcons wallop Cape Verde 5-0

Next Post

Video: Sunday Igboho dancing in Germany

Next Post
Sunday Igboho

Video: Sunday Igboho dancing in Germany

EFCC tasks CSOs on grassroots’ anti-graft campaigns

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

LASCOPA Warns Lagos Residents About Adulterated Palm Oil in Markets

May 24, 2026

Edo Police Rescue 13 Kidnapping Victims Along Benin-Lagos Expressway

May 24, 2026
Duke

Donald Duke joins PRP presidential race

May 23, 2026

2027: APC to present Tinubu with Certificate of Return on Sunday, President says ‘this is a demonstration of internal democracy’

May 23, 2026

Federal High Court judge is dead

May 23, 2026
Gumi

Gumi speaks on ‘support for banditry’

May 23, 2026
ADC

ADC clears Atiku, Amaechi, Hayatu-Deen for presidential primary

May 23, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.