Sunday, February 22, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

JAMB releases results of 2025 UTME resit exams

Robby Akeju by Robby Akeju
May 25, 2025
in Breaking News, Education
0
JAMB to release 2019 UTME results from Monday

JAMB

1.6k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the results of the recently conducted 2025 UTME resit examination for candidates at impacted centres.

This is contained in a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja on Sunday by the Board’s Public Communication Advisor, Dr Fabian Benjamin.

Benjamin said of the 336,845 who were eventually scheduled, 21,082 were absent.

He said in spite of the ongoing inquiries, performance analysis remained consistent (between 11% in 2013 and 34% in 2016).

Benjamin said while the situation was unfortunate, he said it had also revealed numerous alarming practices perpetrated by candidates and certain Proprietors of Schools and Computer-Based Test (CBT) centres.

This , he said, had exacerbated examination irregularities.

“It would be recalled that after the conduct of the resit examination, a meeting of the Board’s Chief External Examiners (CEEs) in all states of the federation was held to consider the results.

” In attendance at the meeting were a few notables,” he said.

Benjamin said that extensive deliberations were made after consideration of the report of the resit examination.

He said the constitution of a sub-committee chaired by the Vice-Chancellor of the National Open University, Prof. Olufemi Peters, who is also the CEE, FCT, was constituted to confirm that the results were in order.

He added that before the release of the resit examination, the CEEs reviewed the exercise and directed that an expert in psychometrics, Prof. Boniface Nworgu, be invited to analyse and endorse the results for subsequent release.

On the release of results of all under-aged candidates, he said the meeting resolved that the withheld results of the under-aged candidates (except where litigation is involved) who performed below the established standards be released.

According to him, the result does not, however, qualify them for admission.

He said the candidates had previously signed an undertaking during the registration process acknowledging that only those who meet the prescribed standards would be considered for under-aged special admission.

He said candidates involved in “WhatsApp Runs” and other misdemeanours were found to have been involved in illicit solicitation of assistance.

“The meeting emphasised that its decision is not an endorsement of candidates’ unacceptable acts, rather a once and for all waiver.

“Candidates were thus advised to refrain from joining questionable “WhatsApp and other anti-social groups.”

While noting the over 93 per cent attendance at the resit examination, he said the meeting offered all the candidates absent an opportunity to participate during the normal annual mop-up examination.

According to him, this waiver is also extended to the candidates who for whatever reason must have missed the initial main UTME.

He explained that the meeting condemned the involvement of some CBT centres in perpetrating serious registration and examination malpractices and resolved that all the implicated CBT centres should be blacklisted while complicit owners should be prosecuted.

” In addition, the identified individuals who directly registered the candidates with modified pictures and biometrics be apprehended and prosecuted.

“The meeting observed with great concern the role of some tutorial centres in the perpetration of examination malpractices.

“It urged governments at all levels to take appropriate steps in ensuring that operators of tutorial centres are properly regulated, licensed and constantly monitored.

“This is to curtail the initiation of candidates into the path of dishonesty,” he added.

On the tribal/sectional narrative of the examination, he said the meeting expressed with regret the attempts by some groups to exploit the unfortunate incident to disseminate tribal and sectional narratives.

Benjamin maintained that the unfortunate incident was not targeted at any section of the country, neither was it caused by any particular section of the country.

He emphasised that such narratives risk exacerbating existing divisions within society and even the JAMB workforce.

Tags: JAMB releases results of 2025 UTME resit exams
Share26Tweet17Send
Previous Post

Wike: Makinde is PDP’s enemy

Next Post

Police detain housewife over alleged murder of co-wife in Daura

Related Posts

Ogun Govt: We didn’t seek security assistance from Sunday Igboho
Breaking News

28 UniAbuja students expelled

February 22, 2026
NDLEA arrests three trans-border traffickers with 48,000 tabs of Tramadol
Breaking News

NDLEA arrests Trans Fortress Global Resources CEO for alleged illicit drug business

February 22, 2026
Ademola Lookman on target in Atlético debut; records assist, makes history in style
Breaking News

LaLiga: Lookman scores as Atlético return to winning ways with Espanyol victory

February 22, 2026
Next Post
Police detain housewife over alleged murder of co-wife in Daura

Police detain housewife over alleged murder of co-wife in Daura

Senate Leader faults opposition for labelling NASS Rubber Stamp

Senate Leader faults opposition for labelling NASS Rubber Stamp

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

  • Trump considers regime change, limited strike on Iran to press nuclear deal

    67 shares
    Share 27 Tweet 17
  • Police chief dies in auto crash

    67 shares
    Share 27 Tweet 17
  • ADC: Presidency plots to arrest Amaechi

    66 shares
    Share 26 Tweet 17
  • Kalu, Chinese billionaire visit Dangote Refinery

    66 shares
    Share 26 Tweet 17
  • Dangote appoints daughters to key Executive Roles in major succession move

    66 shares
    Share 26 Tweet 17
  • Mystery as Nollywood Lighting Director, friend die during film shoot in Lekki

    76 shares
    Share 30 Tweet 19

Latest Stories

Ogun Govt: We didn’t seek security assistance from Sunday Igboho

28 UniAbuja students expelled

February 22, 2026
NDLEA arrests three trans-border traffickers with 48,000 tabs of Tramadol

NDLEA arrests Trans Fortress Global Resources CEO for alleged illicit drug business

February 22, 2026

Executive Order 9: How Tinubu Is Rewriting Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Structure

February 22, 2026
Ademola Lookman on target in Atlético debut; records assist, makes history in style

LaLiga: Lookman scores as Atlético return to winning ways with Espanyol victory

February 22, 2026
Manchester City defeat Inter Milan to complete season treble

EPL: O’Reilly shines as Man City pip Newcastle to put extra pressure on Arsenal

February 22, 2026
Group hails Ekeh’s N10bn Computer Science scholarship initiative as first ever futuristic scholarship in Nigeria

Tinubu salutes Leo Stan Ekeh at 70, says he’s a ‘pioneering innovator’

February 22, 2026
Unusual story of Gombe varsity student who lives on liquid for 21 years

Unusual story of Gombe varsity student who lives on liquid for 21 years

February 22, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.