Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

IGP deploys 35,000 personnel for Edo governorship election, suspends State Security Network

Freedom Online by Freedom Online
September 12, 2024
in Breaking News, Police Command
0

By Robby Akeju

The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun, on Wednesday, said that 35,000 men of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) had been deployed to Edo State for the September 21 governorship election

Egbetokun also said that 8,000 personnel from other security agencies had also been deployed.

He said this at a stakeholders meeting organised by the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) in Benin ahead of the governorship election.

The IGP also announced the indefinite suspension of the Edo State Security Network (ESSN).

He warned that no private or state-owned security apparatus would be allowed to operate during and after the election.

“I am here today to address critical issues before the September 21 governorship election. This meeting presents an opportunity to reaffirm the integrity of our democratic process.

“The task of securing the electoral process rests solely on the police and the police will be supported by other security agencies in the state.

“We understand the vital role we have to play in the election and we pledge to safeguard the process, including INEC materials to be used for the election.

“We have the mandate to provide conducive environment and our approach is grounded in professionalism,” he said.

According to the IGP, it is on that note that we have deployed a total number of 35,000 personnel and 8,000 from other security agencies to complement the police.

He said that the police would strictly enforce the no movement restrictions order from 6 a.m. to 6 p. m. on election day.

He assured Edo people of their safety throughout the election, urging them to come out and vote with the confidence that their safety was guaranteed.

He, however, warned against political thuggery and violence, saying that the police would not fail to deal with anyone found wanting.

“It is in this regard that I direct all local security outfits in the state to refrain from interfering in election matters.

“Therefore, the activities of the Edo  security network remain suspended till further notice, ” he said.

According to him, our personnel have been well trained to carry out their duties without bias.

Tags: IGP deploys 35000 personnel for Edo governorship election suspends State Security Network
Previous Post

Obaseki to Abdulsalami: Edo PDP may not sign Peace Accord because REC is Wike’s cousin, Police Commissioner his associate

Next Post

Badaru commiserates with Zulum over Maiduguri flood

Next Post
Badaru Abubakar

Badaru commiserates with Zulum over Maiduguri flood

2024 Half Year: GTCO reports N1trn pre-tax profit

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Guardiola

Pep Guardiola quits Man City

May 19, 2026

AFCON 2027: Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau, Tanzania

May 19, 2026

Oden Ewa emerges APC Cross River Central Senatorial candidate, commends Otu, party members, followers

May 19, 2026

Lagos LG Chair: Increased Federal Allocation Should Drive Grassroots Development

May 19, 2026

Abuja Court Fixes May 26 for Judgment in Jonathan 2027 Election Eligibility Suit

May 19, 2026

Arsenal Beat Burnley 1-0, Move Closer to Premier League Glory

May 19, 2026

PRP Condemns Oyo School Abductions, Calls for Immediate State Police Implementation

May 19, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.