Friday, May 22, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

‘Horror show’ at Napoli ‘worst’ of my Liverpool tenure, says Klopp

Freedom Reporter by Freedom Reporter
September 12, 2022
in Breaking News, News, Sports
0
Klopp

Klopp

Juergen Klopp conceded Liverpool’s 4-1 humbling at the hands of Napoli in the ongoing 2022/2023 UEFA Champions League was their worst game since he took charge in 2015.

Liverpool were comprehensively beaten by the Serie A side in their opening game in Group A.

It was the heaviest defeat by an English Premier League (EPL) side in their first game of a UEFA Champions League campaign since Arsenal lost 0-3 to Inter Milan in 2003/2004.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of their second group game at home to Ajax, Klopp did not hold back in his assessment of the “horror show” at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona.

After Premier League games were postponed following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, Klopp also said his team would rather have played this weekend but “respected” the decision not to.

“Yes, we would have wanted to play,” he said. “But for the reasons we all know it didn’t happen and, of course, we respect that.

“Now we try to use the time for analysis and training, which made absolute sense after the game we played at Napoli.

“I have lots of thoughts [on the Napoli game]. I watched the game back plenty of times and it was a real horror show, to be honest.

“It was the worst game we played since I’m here. We’ve had a few bad games, I know that. Everyone remembers Aston Villa [2-7 loss in 2020/2021] and some others where we were just not up to speed.

“But there were always glimpses in these games. In this particular game, [there was] nothing.”

Liverpool have made an uninspiring start to the season, drawing three and losing one of their six Premier League games so far.

Klopp revealed there have been some home truths within the camp following the performance in Naples.

“I know that the players want to sort the situation. We are not over the moon about our season so far,” he added.

Klopp confirmed that midfield duo Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain —- who were both left out of the Champions League squad —- will not return from their respective injuries until October.

This is in spite of the former being called up to the Guinea squad for the upcoming international break.

Tags: 'Horror show' at Napoli 'worst' of my Liverpool tenure says Klopp
Previous Post

Tinubu congratulates Fayemi over his election as FORAF president

Next Post

Peter Obi, Bianca, Ekwunife, Azubuogu condemn attack on Ubah

Next Post

Peter Obi, Bianca, Ekwunife, Azubuogu condemn attack on Ubah

French mayor allegedly blackmailed rival with sex video

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Tinubu

Tinubu: No plan to rename Nigeria, abolish Sharia Law

May 21, 2026
Haske

Adamawa 2027: Haske outpaces rivals with commanding early lead in APC Primary

May 21, 2026

Mr Eazi, Otedola’s daughter Temi expecting first child

May 21, 2026
Court

Man sues ex-wife over refusal to leave after divorce

May 21, 2026
INEC

Court voids INEC timetable for conduct of 2027 polls

May 21, 2026

Obasa warns dissidents as Agege affirms Hamzat as APC governorship candidate

May 21, 2026
11 soldiers killed in Benue

Attahiru: Remembering a patriot five years on – Niran Adedokun

May 21, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.