Sunday, May 24, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Buhari denies receiving $300,000 from Dasuki

Ibrahim Ahmadu by Ibrahim Ahmadu
December 15, 2015
in Breaking News, News
0

President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday, defended his integrity on the allegation of receiving $300,000 from former National Security Adviser (NSA), Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd).
A statement by his Special Adviser (Media and Publicity), Mr. Femi Adesina, said it was false and untrue to say Buhari received the said amount or any monetary compensation whatsoever from the Jonathan Presidency or any of its officials, in the aftermath of an attack on his convoy in Kaduna, or at any other time since then.
“Our attention has been drawn to reports making the rounds, especially on internet-based media, that President Muhammadu Buhari received 300,000 dollars and up to five armoured SUVs from the Office of the National Security Adviser in the aftermath of the attack on his convoy in Kaduna last year.
“We unequivocally deny that President Buhari received 300,000 dollars or any monetary compensation whatsoever from the Jonathan Presidency or any of its officials, in the aftermath of that attack, or at any other time since then.
“It is true that one armoured SUV and one `untreated’ SUV were sent to Buhari in the aftermath of the attack, the vehicles were in keeping with his entitlements as a former Head of State. This is in line with the Remuneration of Former Presidents and Heads of State (And other Ancillary Matters) Decree of 1999.
“Section 3, Sub Section 1 of that Decree provides that three vehicles will be provided for former heads of state and replaced every four years.
“There was, therefore, nothing untoward, illegal or tending to corruption in former Head of State Buhari and Presidential aspirant, as he then was, receiving vehicles, to which he was statutorily entitled, from the Federal Government of Nigeria.’’
According to the statement, Buhari had in keeping with his austere, spartan and frugal disposition, shunned most of his entitlements as a former Head of State.
It further stated that Buhari was, however, prevailed upon by his supporters to accept the two vehicles for his personal safety in the aftermath of the dastardly attempt to assassinate him.

“It is preposterous to think that Buhari will allow his acclaimed reputation of honesty and incorruptibility to be tarnished by accepting a questionable monetary compensation from a discredited regime,’’ the statement concluded.

Tags: buharidasuki
Previous Post

APC to Biafran protesters: You are politically-sponsored hoodlums, stay away from Lagos or…

Next Post

‎Court to PDP chair Secondus: Vacate office in 14 days

Next Post
ogun pdp crisis

‎Court to PDP chair Secondus: Vacate office in 14 days

World Cup final referee Rizzoli tops list for Euro 2016

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Morakinyo Jolapamo

Lagos property saga: I’m homeless, don’t prolong my suffering, shipping magnate, Jolapamo begs court

May 24, 2026

$460m Abuja CCTV Project: Finance Ministry Lacks Records of Local Contractors, SERAP Threatens Contempt Action

May 24, 2026

NFF congratulates Osimhen, Iheanacho, Babajide, other Nigerian title winners in Europe

May 24, 2026
England’s Premier League and Championship to put to trial safe standing areas

West Ham relegated despite huge win over Leeds

May 24, 2026
Tinubu

2027: Tinubu accepts APC presidential ticket, vows to consolidate reforms

May 24, 2026
Terrorists

Terrorists storm prayer ground, kill three worshippers, abduct others

May 24, 2026

Chinese grandma arrested with large illicit drug consignment at Lagos airport

May 24, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.