This is contained in a statement signed by Brig.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, Director of Army Public Relations, in Abuja on Friday.
The statement said the attention of the Army had been drawn to dishonest acts by some unscrupulous people who had been demanding gratification or recharge cards from unsuspecting candidates.
It said that the demands were alleged to have been made during the just concluded 70 Regular Recruit Intake 2013 pre-screening examination exercise in an attempt to swindle them.
“The Army hereby disassociates itself from such scams and warns the candidates in the recruitment exercise and the public to beware of these fraudsters and to report suspects to the police or the army.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the fraudsters operate using the numbers: 0813822289 and 08136139127.
“It is instructive to state that the procedure for the concluded 70 Regular Recruit Intake exercise which were clearly stated in some Nigerian Newspapers and on the NA official website (www.narecuitment.org) still stand,’’ the statement said.
According to the statement, the short-listed candidates in the just concluded pre-screening examination for non-tradesmen will be published on the website next week.