Sunday, February 22, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Anthony Joshua knocks out Paul in sixth round, nets $40m pay

Kunle Mudasiru by Kunle Mudasiru
December 20, 2025
in Breaking News
0
Joshua knocks out Ngannou

Joshua

1.6k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Former world heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, knocked out YouTuber-turned-boxer, Jake Paul, in their controversial Netflix-backed bout in Miami early this morning.
Two-time world champion Joshua made hard work of defeating his vastly less experienced opponent, but finally made his superior size and power count in the later stages of the eight-round fight.
A mediocre contest at the Kaseya Center — with the two men reportedly splitting a mammoth purse of $184 million — descended into farce at times, with Paul repeatedly dropping to the canvas and grappling at Joshua’s legs.
At one stage even referee Christopher Young appeared to be losing patience, warning the fighters in the fourth round: “The fans did not pay to see this crap.”
As Paul tired, Joshua finally began to land punches with more regularity and after knocking down the American twice in the fifth round the end came swiftly in the sixth.
Joshua backed the 28-year-old into a corner and after teeing up Paul with a crunching left, delivered the knockout blow with a right to the chin that sent his opponent crashing to the canvas.
“It wasn’t the best performance,” Joshua, 36, admitted afterwards. “But the end goal was to get Jake Paul, pin him down and hurt him.
“That was the request leading up, and that was on my mind. It took a bit longer than expected but the right hand finally found its destination.”
Joshua meanwhile praised Paul for lasting into the later rounds.”I want to give him his props — he got up time and time again,” Joshua said. “It was difficult in there for him, but he kept on trying to find a way. It takes a real man to do that.”
Paul, meanwhile, his mouth bloodied from Joshua’s final assault, said he believed his jaw had been broken — but was satisfied with his performance.
“That was fun. I gave it my all,” Paul said. “I had a blast. I think my jaw is broken by the way. But Anthony’s one of the best to ever do it so. I’m gonna come back and get a world championship.
“I just got tired to be honest — like it was so much handling his weight. I think with better cardio I could have kept it up and kept on fighting. But he hits really hard.”
The made-for-streaming contest, which came just over a year after Paul had fought a 58-year-old Mike Tyson in a much-derided Netflix fight, had triggered alarm across boxing given the disparity in size and experience between the two men.
Yet the devastating first or second round knockout by Joshua that most had predicted failed to materialize as Paul scrambled desperately to stay outside of the 2012 Olympic champion’s range.
Joshua, fighting for the first time in 15 months, always looked the more threatening fighter though, landing 48 of 146 punches thrown compared to Paul’s meagre total of 16 punches landed.

Tags: Anthony Joshua knocks out Paul in sixth round nets $40m pay
Share25Tweet16Send
Previous Post

Tinubu visits Borno, Bauchi; to spend end-of-year holidays in Lagos

Next Post

Obasa: Under Tinubu’s leadership, Nigeria is rising like the morning sun after a long night

Related Posts

Ademola Lookman on target in Atlético debut; records assist, makes history in style
Breaking News

LaLiga: Lookman scores as Atlético return to winning ways with Espanyol victory

February 22, 2026
Manchester City defeat Inter Milan to complete season treble
Breaking News

EPL: O’Reilly shines as Man City pip Newcastle to put extra pressure on Arsenal

February 22, 2026
PDP dissolves Ebonyi Exco, South-East Zonal Caretaker Committee
Breaking News

APC’s Maikalangu wins AMAC chairmanship election, PDP wins two councillorship seats

February 22, 2026
Next Post

Obasa: Under Tinubu’s leadership, Nigeria is rising like the morning sun after a long night

Tirex Petroleum & Energy honours Offshore Professionals at Second Edition of FOCUS on Safety Initiative

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

  • Trump considers regime change, limited strike on Iran to press nuclear deal

    67 shares
    Share 27 Tweet 17
  • ADC: Presidency plots to arrest Amaechi

    66 shares
    Share 26 Tweet 17
  • Kalu, Chinese billionaire visit Dangote Refinery

    66 shares
    Share 26 Tweet 17
  • Police chief dies in auto crash

    66 shares
    Share 26 Tweet 17
  • Dangote appoints daughters to key Executive Roles in major succession move

    66 shares
    Share 26 Tweet 17
  • Mystery as Nollywood Lighting Director, friend die during film shoot in Lekki

    76 shares
    Share 30 Tweet 19

Latest Stories

Ademola Lookman on target in Atlético debut; records assist, makes history in style

LaLiga: Lookman scores as Atlético return to winning ways with Espanyol victory

February 22, 2026
Manchester City defeat Inter Milan to complete season treble

EPL: O’Reilly shines as Man City pip Newcastle to put extra pressure on Arsenal

February 22, 2026
Group hails Ekeh’s N10bn Computer Science scholarship initiative as first ever futuristic scholarship in Nigeria

Tinubu salutes Leo Stan Ekeh at 70, says he’s a ‘pioneering innovator’

February 22, 2026
Unusual story of Gombe varsity student who lives on liquid for 21 years

Unusual story of Gombe varsity student who lives on liquid for 21 years

February 22, 2026
PDP dissolves Ebonyi Exco, South-East Zonal Caretaker Committee

APC’s Maikalangu wins AMAC chairmanship election, PDP wins two councillorship seats

February 22, 2026
APC urges Nigerians to shun planned protest

INEC declares APC’s Ishaku winner of Bwari chairmanship election

February 22, 2026
APC dismisses implosion claims

APC’s Henrietta Bulabari wins Khana ll State Consistency bye-election

February 22, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.