Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Tight security as Abuja carnival opens

Freedom Reporter by Freedom Reporter
November 23, 2013
in Featured, News
0

taraba_cultural_troupeThere was a heavy presence of security personnel at the Old Parade Ground, Abuja on Saturday as the 2013 edition of Abuja Carnival takes off.

There was a beehive of activities at the venue in preparation to the formal opening of the carnival.

The carnival tagged: “The Centenary Carnival” is part of the prelude to Nigeria’s centenary celebration in 2014.

Security personnel present at the venue include the army, the Nigeria Police, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, all were patrolling the parade ground.

The officers of Federal Road Safety Commission and Vehicle Inspection Office were on hand to control human and vehicular movements.

A security officer, who craved anonymity, said that the heavy presence of security agencies was to forestall any possible breach of law and order.

He said that the security agencies were being proactive to nip in the bud any possible security threat to the success of the carnival.

Capt. John Evans, Officer in Charge of the Band, Guards Brigade said that his men were on hand to provide music for the carnival.

He expressed optimism that the 2013 carnival would be more entertaining than the previous editions because of efforts put into its organisation.

A National Youths Service Corps member, Mr Kenechukwu Ugwu, said that the carnival was also in furtherance of the objective of the NYSC, “which is to unite the country’’.

“This is another avenue to bring our culture together as a country with differs cultural backgrounds to showcase the unity of Nigeria.

“I am proud to be a Nigerian with what I am seeing in the carnival,’’ he said.

This is the first time the NYSC will be participating in the yearly carnival.

Mr Abasiono Akpan, a member of the Akwa Ibom contingent said that with such festivals, she now had a clearer picture of Nigeria’s cultural diversity.

Mr Taibu Surwa, from Yobe said that although this was his first time of participating, he was filled with joy for being part of the show.

“I have never seen different cultures such as this, and I am happy being a Nigerian based on what have seen so far,’’ he said.

Traders at the venue of the carnival are making brisk business as contingents from different parts of the country were patronising them.

Previous Post

NNPP, ADC backs INEC on supplementary election in Anambra

Next Post

Jonathan recovers, returns Sunday – Presidency

Next Post
Day 'Lado Boys' attacked us in Sagamu, by Reuben Abati

Jonathan recovers, returns Sunday - Presidency

Bafarawa

APC apologies to Bafarawa over visit to Gov. Wamakko

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Makinde

Oyo Govt to engage kidnappers for safe release of those abducted — Makinde

May 18, 2026

APC primaries: Kalu, Yahaya Bello, Okowa, Barau, Wamakko, Shehu Sani, Adebule, others win senate tickets

May 18, 2026
Uzodimma

Primaries: Uzodimma clinches APC Imo West Senatorial District ticket

May 18, 2026
Tinubu

Tinubu: Killing of abducted teacher barbaric, vows to fish out bandits, collaborators

May 18, 2026

Nigeria–U.S. Counter-Terrorism Partnership Enhances Intelligence-Driven Warfare, COAS Says

May 18, 2026

ICPC Denies Blocking Nasir El-Rufai’s Access, Calls Reports Misleading

May 18, 2026

Ex-Minister Sadiya Farouq Misses Arraignment in Abuja High Court Again

May 18, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.