Thursday, May 21, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Stop giving `oxygen’ to terrorists’ activities, FG charges media

Roland Edwards by Roland Edwards
April 6, 2022
in Breaking News, News
0
Lai Mohammed to Kwara governor: You are fraudulent, you disappeared with party's N74m

Lai Mohammed

The Federal Government on Wednesday in Abuja again enjoined social and mainstream media to stop giving oxygen to terrorists’ activities to check their nefarious acts.

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, gave the admonition when he fielded questions from State House correspondents.

The minister, who was reacting to recent attacks on military formations in Kaduna State, said terrorists enjoyed seeing their stories in front pages of newspapers and social media platforms.

He stated that the Federal Government was on top of the security situation as many of the terrorists had been neutralised by security personnel deployed to affected areas.

“We will continue to give relevant information on the progress we are making in our fight against terrorism.

“We can assure you that we are on top of this matter.

“In any country where there is terrorism, terrorists want to feature on the front pages of newspapers even when they are down as such publicity gives them needed oxygen.

“This is where I think we also seek your support in understanding the mentality of terrorists that even when they are dying, they look for the soft underbelly that will keep them relevant.

“This, they do, to enable them to get more money and more support from their sponsors.

“Clearly the last three, four or five days, the military recorded massive victories against terrorists and bandits, either in the northeast or in the Kaduna- Niger states axis,’’ the minister said.

Mohammed, who confirmed Tuesday’s attack on a military base in Kaduna, also said the attack was well repelled, but unfortunately, that was not reported.

“Yes, there was an attack on a military base in Kaduna State.

“What was not reported was the very timely and efficient manner it was repelled, and the huge casualty suffered by the bandits and terrorists.

“I have a video of the area’s interdiction by the military.

“I keep saying that this is an asymmetrical war in which we are not at liberty to tell you details and how the camps of the bandits are being decimated daily.

“It is a war of attrition; but our military is living to the billing.

“Our military is working day and night to ensure that the terrorists are neutralised,’’ the minister assured.

Tags: Stop giving `oxygen’ to terrorists’ activities FG charges media
Previous Post

Jonathan escapes death in auto crash, loses two security aides

Next Post

2023: Nigeria needs wealth creators, not wealth sharers, says Peter Obi

Next Post

2023: Nigeria needs wealth creators, not wealth sharers, says Peter Obi

Matawalle gives 260 Cadillac cars to Zamfara monarchs

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

‘Learner’ rams vehicle into house, kills three children of same mother

May 20, 2026

APC primaries: Free-for-all, as party suspends exercise in Badagry

May 20, 2026
Agunloye

SDP crisis deepens as Gabam faction expels Agunloye, Adebayo, Gombe, others

May 20, 2026
Amaechi

I’II scrap federal character principle if elected president – Amaechi

May 20, 2026

We held meetings to cut power to Presidential Villa – Suspected coup plotter

May 20, 2026
Fubara

Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primaries

May 20, 2026
From Left: Chief Joel Hammanjoda Madaki, Adamawa's APC Governorship Aspirant and Abdulrahman Bashir Haske, frontline APC Governorship Aspirant in Adamawa during a press conference where the former stepped down from the race to support Haske...on Wednesday.

Adamawa 2027: Haske secures widespread endorsements ahead of APC governorship primaries

May 20, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.