The State Government of Osun on Wednesday night relaxed the indefinite 24-hour curfew it had earlier imposed as a result of a looting spree across the State on Saturday.
Here are 5 things to note about the relaxed curfew:
1. The relaxation of the curfew takes effect Thursday, October 29, 2020, from 6:00am to 8:00pm daily. By implication, the statewide curfew will now run from 8:00pm to 6:00am daily.
2. Security operatives will still remain on the streets to enforce the new curfew directive with a view to further maintaining law and order.
3. All motorcycle operators will now operate from 6:00am to 8:00pm daily as earlier announced. This will subsist even after the curfew is completely lifted.
4. Effective from Thursday, October 29, anyone found to be in possession of any looted item will be arrested, investigated and prosecuted as earlier announced.
5. Whistle Blowers could still reach out to us on 08187187678 for information on looted items.
The government enjoined all citizens and residents to be peaceful and be law abiding as all efforts shall be made to protect them and their property.