Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Nigeria won’t be taken by insurgents again, DHQ pledges

Ibrahim Ahmadu by Ibrahim Ahmadu
September 9, 2015
in Breaking News, News
0
Amputee: How I survived two Boko Haram bomb attacks in Maiduguri

Boko Haram

The Defence Headquarters has given an assurance that no Nigerian territory will “ever again’’ be relinquished to the Boko Haram insurgents or any other rebel group. .
The acting Director of Defence Information, Col. Rabe Abubakar, gave the assurance in Abuja on Wednesday while fielding questions from defence correspondents.
He said the Nigerian Armed Forces had severely decimated the command structure of Boko Haram, stressing that the group no longer had the capacity to hold any territory in Nigeria.
Abubakar said recent exploits and gains of the counter-insurgency operations would soon be open for all to see, adding that the Nigerian military had been reinforced to stand any form of aggression.

“I believe that Boko Haram is no longer strong enough to hold any territory in this country because of the level of losses they have suffered as a result of our offensive.

“I make this comment, not only about Gamboru Ngala, but it applies to any other territory in this country and very soon this issue will be clear for all to see.

“But I can assure you that we are doing a lot and never again will Boko Haram or any group at all be allowed to recapture territories taken by our troops.

“What happened was in the past, I can tell you that it will never happen again,’’ Abubakar said.

The director said Defence Headquarters was working hard on the smooth take- off of the Ndjamena-based Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) to complement the efforts of the Nigerian troops.

He said the deployment of troops and take-off of the 8,700-strong MNJTF would give added impetus to the operation of Nigerian troops in the bid to completely annihilate the Boko Haram insurgents.

Abubakar said although a date had not been fixed for the take-off of the force, preparations had reached advance stage for the commencement of the force’s operations along the Chad basin.

On other internal security operations, Abubakar said the military was re-strategising to address other security challenges, such as cattle rustling, piracy, oil theft and other forms of crime affecting other parts of Nigeria.

He said the military under the leadership of the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, was determined to provide the required environment for national development.

According to Abubakar, the current military disposition in various operations nationwide has been driven by absolute determination and commitment to root out terrorists and criminals from their hideouts.

“The military authority is carefully reassessing and re-strategising on effective ways to combat the re-emergence of violent crimes in the Niger Delta and other parts of the country.

“Combined efforts of security forces to stamp out acts of illegal activities, such as oil theft, illegal bunkering, piracy and kidnapping have yielded results.

“In the north, especially in the north central, our `operation restore hope’ has been very effective and will definitely address some of the challenges facing communities in the region,’’ Abubakar said.

He solicited the support of the public in volunteering credible information that would assist security agencies in arresting some of the situations.

Previous Post

CBN advises states to adopt Treasury Single Account

Next Post

Giesi ruling house presents Ogunwusi as next Ooni

Next Post

Giesi ruling house presents Ogunwusi as next Ooni

Polls: Army insists on neutrality

Army advises public against paying for recruitment into force

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Makinde

Oyo Govt to engage kidnappers for safe release of those abducted — Makinde

May 18, 2026

APC primaries: Kalu, Yahaya Bello, Okowa, Barau, Wamakko, Shehu Sani, Adebule, others win senate tickets

May 18, 2026
Uzodimma

Primaries: Uzodimma clinches APC Imo West Senatorial District ticket

May 18, 2026
Tinubu

Tinubu: Killing of abducted teacher barbaric, vows to fish out bandits, collaborators

May 18, 2026

Nigeria–U.S. Counter-Terrorism Partnership Enhances Intelligence-Driven Warfare, COAS Says

May 18, 2026

ICPC Denies Blocking Nasir El-Rufai’s Access, Calls Reports Misleading

May 18, 2026

Ex-Minister Sadiya Farouq Misses Arraignment in Abuja High Court Again

May 18, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.