Thursday, May 21, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Niger dep gov: 163 pupils, not 200, were abducted, says ‘we are already negotiating with bandits’

Ibrahim Ahmadu by Ibrahim Ahmadu
June 2, 2021
in Breaking News, Crime, News
0

The Niger State Government has begun negotiation with bandits responsible for the kidnapping of the pupils of Salihu Tanko Islamic School, Tegina, Rafi Local Government Area of the state.
The government also said that it had the knowledge of the ongoing negotiation between the parents of the abducted pupils but insisted that it will not pay any ransom for the safe release of the pupils.
Deputy Governor Mohammed Ketso stated this in Minna on Wednesday while updating newsmen on the whereabouts of the abducted pupils.
“Niger State Government is negotiating the release of the abductees and we are confident that in no distant time, the pupils will be united with their parents.
“Government is in touch with some of the parents of the kidnapped children, they have been assured of the safe return of their wards,” he said.
The deputy governor also said that contrary to reports that 200 children were abducted, only 163 children, including some staff were taken away by the bandits.
“Government has established contacts with the abductors”, he said.
He assured the public that all the pupils will be rescued and reunite with their parents safely.
He also said that as part of the security measure, all boarding schools in the state had been converted to day system until further notice.
Ketso said that the state government had also banned all commercial motorcycle operators in Minna with effect from June 3.
According to him, only private motorcycles will be allowed to operate between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
“These are parts of measures being put in place by the government towards addressing the rising security situation in the state, especially Minna, the state capital,” he said.
He reiterated the commitment of the government to supporting the security agencies with needed logistics to enable them secure the state.
“We have so far given 89 operational vehicles, 283 operational motorcycles, 30 bicycles, four tri-cycles in addition to funding the various security operations in the state.
“These are in addition to 70 vehicles and 2,300 motorcycles as mobility support for the vigilante corps in the state,” Ketsu said.
He called on residents in the state to come forward with useful information on the activities of bandits in their areas to the nearest security operatives.

Tags: Niger dep gov: 163 pupils not 200 were abducted says 'we are already negotiating with bandits'
Previous Post

Lai Mohammed: Twitter’s mission in Nigeria questionable

Next Post

Sexual harassment: UNILAG dismisses two lecturers caught by BBC undercover reporter

Next Post
UNILAG announces dates, ceremonies for 51st Convocation

Sexual harassment: UNILAG dismisses two lecturers caught by BBC undercover reporter

Bank robbery: Four policemen, three others killed in Osun

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Alleged Defamation: Estate Developer Drags Family, Police Officer Before Lagos High Court Over N500m Claim

May 21, 2026

‘Learner’ rams vehicle into house, kills three children of same mother

May 20, 2026

APC primaries: Free-for-all, as party suspends exercise in Badagry

May 20, 2026
Agunloye

SDP crisis deepens as Gabam faction expels Agunloye, Adebayo, Gombe, others

May 20, 2026
Amaechi

I’II scrap federal character principle if elected president – Amaechi

May 20, 2026

We held meetings to cut power to Presidential Villa – Suspected coup plotter

May 20, 2026
Fubara

Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primaries

May 20, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.