Sunday, August 23, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Meningitis: Death toll rises to 215 in Zamfara

Ibrahim Ahmadu by Ibrahim Ahmadu
April 4, 2017
in Breaking News, Health, News
0

Prof. Abdullahi Shinkafi, Secretary to the State Government in Zamfara, says  meningitis outbreak has claimed no fewer than 215 lives in the last two months in the state.
Shinkafi made the disclosure at a news briefing in Gusau on Tuesday.
Shinkafi is also the Chairman of the state’s Committee for the Control of Meningitis.
Shinkafi said that the committee was mobilising communities in the state, through the Local Government Meningitis Control Committees, to create more awareness on the disease.
He said that additional 1,864 cases had been recorded in the state since the outbreak of the disease.
According to him, already 1,344 people have been trained as vaccinators and they have been divided into 224 groups of six people each.
He said that they would carry out vaccination throughout the state.
Shinkafi said that the state government, which required three million dosages of meningitis vaccines, only got 300,000 from the Federal Government.
He said, “We have to carefully prioritise the vaccination.”
Shinkafi said that the vaccination would be concentrated on high density areas including key public institutions and schools to curtail further spread.

Tags: meningitis
Previous Post

INEC presents draft 2017-2021 Strategic Plan to stakeholders

Next Post

NSE transactions maintain negative slide

Next Post
Nigerian stock market extends loss by 0.40%

NSE transactions maintain negative slide

NSE indices drop further by 0.15%, as Forte Oil tops activity chart

Forte Oil emerges worst performing stock in Q1, declines by 43.39%

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

The Presidential Noah’s Ark, by Babafemi Ojudu

August 23, 2026
Uzodimma and Tinubu

Uzodimma hands over 30 campaign buses to Imo APC Chairmen, others; tasks Party on 100% Tinubu victory

August 23, 2026
Adeleke and Tinubu

Osun Polls: The days after and implications for 2027, by Tunde Rahman

August 22, 2026
Screenshot

Gospel Singer Asu Ekiye: My wife initiated divorce proceedings leading to dissolution of our 28-year marriage

August 22, 2026

Four members of same family, dog die after eating Amala

August 22, 2026
Nwifuru

2027: I have no opponent in Ebonyi — Nwifuru

August 22, 2026
Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu

Tinubu’s re-election campaign: Sanwo-Olu appointed South-West Coordinator

August 22, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.