Thursday, May 21, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Lai Mohammed inspects Second Niger Bridge, expresses satisfaction at work pace

Chidi Roberts by Chidi Roberts
June 28, 2018
in News
0
lai mohammed

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Wednesday, inspected the Second Niger Bridge in continuation of his ongoing tour of federal government projects across the country, and expressed satisfaction at the pace of work on the bridge.
“I am very excited because the thing about this project is that
because of the alignment, people travelling on the old bridge will say nothing is going on because they cannot see it, but you have come here and you can see the amount of work that is going on, so I’m very very excited,” the Minister told the journalists who accompanied him on the
tour.
Mohammed, who inspected construction work at the Asaba and Onitsha ends of the bridge, said when completed, the bridge will ease traffic congestion on the road as well as change the socio-economic landscape of the South-east and South-South geo-political zones in particular.
niger bridge
He commended the enthusiasm with which the contractor, Julius Berger, is handling the project and gave the assurance that henceforth, funding will no longer be a challenge for the construction of such projects.
“I think one thing that this government has assured is that funding won’t be a problem because we have many sources of funding and I think the latest is the Presidential Infrastructural Development Fund, which is actually aimed at ensuring that no project like this suffers for lack of funding,” the Minister said.

He said having achieved tremendous success with the sub-structural
work, the project will now witness rapid progress.

While briefing journalists on the level of work on the bridge, the
Federal Controller of Works for Anambra State, Mr. Innocent Alumona, said so far, Phases 1, 2 and 3, which have to do with the foundation, have been completed, and that the contractor is currently on Phase 4, which will end in July this year.
“A lot of people are saying no work is going on on the Second Niger
Bridge because they have not been opportune to visit the site. The
Federal Government actually is not sleeping. A lot of money has been
spent in the process of realizing the Second Niger Bridge, and as we
go further, we will show you a lot that has been done to prove to some
of us – who are still doubting that nothing is happening at the Second
Niger Bridge – that a lot is ongoing,” he said.

Alumona said some 310 of the 615 piles designed for the bridge
have been sunk, while massive sand-filling of the approach road has
been carried out to the height of five metres.
At least 400 Nigerians are currently employed by the contractor handling the project, which is expected to be completed within the next two years.

Tags: lai mohammed
Previous Post

OPCW to be given power to name perpetrators of chemical attacks

Next Post

BRF at 55: Greying gracefully, going on with gusto, by Hakeem Bello

Next Post

BRF at 55: Greying gracefully, going on with gusto, by Hakeem Bello

omo agege

Omo-Agege: Court orders substituted service of contempt proceedings on Senate, Saraki

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Alleged Defamation: Estate Developer Drags Family, Police Officer Before Lagos High Court Over N500m Claim

May 21, 2026

‘Learner’ rams vehicle into house, kills three children of same mother

May 20, 2026

APC primaries: Free-for-all, as party suspends exercise in Badagry

May 20, 2026
Agunloye

SDP crisis deepens as Gabam faction expels Agunloye, Adebayo, Gombe, others

May 20, 2026
Amaechi

I’II scrap federal character principle if elected president – Amaechi

May 20, 2026

We held meetings to cut power to Presidential Villa – Suspected coup plotter

May 20, 2026
Fubara

Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primaries

May 20, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.