Sunday, August 23, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

Attack on stop-and-search operatives: Police launch man-hunt for assailants

Gbemi Banks by Gbemi Banks
March 27, 2023
in News, Police Command
0

The Police Command in Enugu State has launched a massive man-hunt for assailants that attacked police operatives on a routine stop-and-search duty at Uwani in the Enugu metropolis.

The Command’s Spokesman, DSP Daniel Ndukwe, said in a statement on Monday in Enugu that the man-hunt had resulted in the assailants abandoning the black Mercedes Benz ML 350 they used for the operation along Enugu-Port-Harcourt Road.

Ndukwe said that the incident took place at Osadebe Street, Kenyatta Market Enugu, on Sunday, March 26, at about 11:30 a.m.

“The armed hoodlums, who came in their numbers and operating in SUVs, suddenly opened fire on the police operatives on routine stop-and-search duty.

“Many of the hoodlums escaped with varying degrees of fatal gunshot injuries in the ensuing gun duel with the operatives.

“Two of the police operatives, who sustained severe gunshot injuries, were moved to the hospital and they were confirmed dead and their corpses deposited in the mortuary for preservation,” he said.

According to him, manhunt of the assailants, which was immediately launched, resulted in the miscreants abandoning the black Mercedes Benz ML 350 4Matic Jeep they used for the operation Enugu/Port-Harcourt Road.

The command spokesman noted that the vehicle, riddled with gunshots and blood stains, had been recovered.

“The recovery of the vehicle and the signs thereof, corroborates preliminary investigation, which suggests that at least two of the hoodlums were neutralized,” he said.

Ndukwe said that the state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr Ahmed Ammani, had ordered Tactical/Operational Operatives of the Command to sustain the ongoing manhunt operation.

He said that the commissioner had warned that anything short of fishing out and bringing the assailants to book, to assuage the loss of the two police operatives, would not be accepted.

He said:  “The CP, therefore, urges citizens of the state and the general public to assist the command with useful information that will aid the speedy arrest of the suspects.

“The state police boss also called on residents and owners of medical facilities in particular to report any person or persons, dead or alive, sighted with gunshots injuries to the police,” he said.

Tags: DSP Daniel NdukweEnugu StateMr Ahmed Ammani
Previous Post

Ramadan: Lagos Deputy Governor seeks prayers for leaders

Next Post

FIFA Women’s World Cup: Ebi says Super Falcons will be targeting semi-finals

Next Post

FIFA Women’s World Cup: Ebi says Super Falcons will be targeting semi-finals

PDP suspends Ayu over anti-party activities

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Tinubu

Tinubu renews tenure of NAN MD, DG NTA

August 23, 2026

APC sweeps Ebonyi LG polls, wins 13 chairmanship, 171 councillorship seats

August 23, 2026

Family announces where, when ‘Ogogo’ will be buried

August 23, 2026

EPL: Two late goals secure victory for Man City, as Szoboszlai’s last minute penalty gives Liverpool point

August 23, 2026
UBA

UBA strengthens Africa’s Future Leadership Pipeline, graduates 374 Young Professionals

August 23, 2026

PDP Rejects Ebonyi LG Elections, Vows to Challenge Results in Court

August 23, 2026
Ogogo

Actor ‘Ogogo’ is dead

August 23, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.