Sunday, August 23, 2026
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
  • Home
  • News
    • Foreign
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates
No Result
View All Result
Freedom Online
No Result
View All Result

$1.2bn loan: Discussions with banks in progress, says Etisalat

Ola Simeon by Ola Simeon
May 11, 2017
in Business, IT, News
0

The Vice President, Regulatory and Corporate Affairs, Etisalat Nigeria, Mr Ibrahim Dikko, says discussions with its banks were in progress toward resolving the $1.2 billion loan issue.
Dikko in a signed statement in Lagos on Thursday said that there was no issue of deadlock on how to resolve the issue.
“The attention of Etisalat Nigeria has been drawn to news reports credited to some unofficial sources claiming that the ongoing discussions with our bankers have become stalled or reached a deadlock.
“Etisalat Nigeria wishes to state without equivocation that discussions are not only ongoing with our bankers but good progress has been made so far.
“We are optimistic that an agreement will be reached shortly and this will be communicated through the appropriate channels of the involved stakeholders.
“We appeal to our media partners who have indeed been critical to the success of our business over the years to await the official communication of the outcome of the ongoing discussions,” he said.
According to him, media partners should not lend their credible platforms to speculative and presumptive analysis of the discussions.
Dikko said that as a business, Etisalat’s immediate focus was to ensure that it sustained a positive performance.
He said that the telecommunications company was in a position to continue to grow the business, deliver excellent customer service and increase value to stakeholders, which included the bankers.
“We wish to assure our esteemed customers, service providers and other relevant stakeholders that Etisalat Nigeria has and will indeed continue to operate normally, whilst these discussions are ongoing, ”Dikko said.
In March, a consortium of 13 banks, both foreign and Nigerian had wanted to take over the operation of Etisalat over a loan facility totalling $1.2 billion obtained in 2015.
The banks said their attempt to recover the loan by all means was fuelled by the pressure from the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON), demanding immediate cut down on the rate of their non-performing loans.
However, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) intervened in the matter to ensure an amicable resolution.

Tags: etisalat
Previous Post

Ministry of Power, Works, Housing receives N586.54bn as NASS passes 2017 Budget, raises it to N7.44trn

Next Post

Why we increased our budget to N125bn, by NASS

Next Post

Why we increased our budget to N125bn, by NASS

FG, States’ debt profile now N32.92trn

FG: Capital releases hit N1.2trn

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2026/04/VID-20260408-WA0025.mp4
https://freedomonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/5aeac180-db4e-4e7c-bd37-07ddbf15b053.mp4

Popular Stories

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed

Latest Stories

Uzodimma and Tinubu

Uzodimma hands over 30 campaign buses to Imo APC Chairmen, others; tasks Party on 100% Tinubu victory

August 23, 2026
Adeleke and Tinubu

Osun Polls: The days after and implications for 2027, by Tunde Rahman

August 22, 2026
Screenshot

Gospel Singer Asu Ekiye: My wife initiated divorce proceedings leading to dissolution of our 28-year marriage

August 22, 2026

Four members of same family, dog die after eating Amala

August 22, 2026
Nwifuru

2027: I have no opponent in Ebonyi — Nwifuru

August 22, 2026
Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu

Tinubu’s re-election campaign: Sanwo-Olu appointed South-West Coordinator

August 22, 2026

EPL: Ajayi inspires Hull City to hurt Man United

August 22, 2026
Freedom Online

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Interview
  • Sports
  • Ad Rates

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • #13921 (no title)
  • Advert Rates
  • APC ad
  • Archive Sitemap
  • Contact
  • Contact Us
  • Documents
  • Full Width
  • Homepage
  • Ogun State
  • Ogun State banner ad
  • P-A
  • P-A2
  • Privacy policy
  • Sample Page
  • Sample Page
  • Submit an article
  • Welcome

© 2026 Published by SWAAYA LIMITED, Plot 20, Block G, Scheme 1, Residential 3, OPIC Beachland Estate, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Lagos. Gabriel Akinadewo, MD/CEO 08023010222, 08094000056, 08052097814.